The DBC Race Team is a Northern California-based cycling club headquartered in Davis, a Platinum cycling community and home of the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame. The Team is dedicated to supporting a wide variety of bicycle racing disciplines including juniors, women, elite, general, and masters categories. There are about 150 members on the Race Team roster.
The Race Team was rated the 6th Best All Around Team in 2011 (out of 75), 3rd in 2010, and 1st in 2009 based upon results for all categories within the Northern California Nevada Cycling Association (NCNCA).
Elite and General Program
Please contact the DBC Race Team director for more information on our Elite Program.
The Davis Bike Club Junior Race Team’s mission is threefold: to give aspiring junior cyclists access to racing both at the local and
national level; to develop an active, lifelong healthy lifestyle in our athletes; to create well-rounded, community-minded individuals.
You can learn more about the DBC Juniors by downloading our Athlete and Parent Information Packet (42 kB pdf).
Join the DBC Juniors
To join the DBC Juniors Development Program please read, complete, and submit:
- Release form (PDF)
- Code of conduct (PDF)
- Drug, alcohol, and tobacco policy form (PDF)
DBC Juniors uniform
For information on Juniors clothing, please contact Ross Kelly, the Juniors Director.
Stay current with the DBC Juniors
DBC Juniors have their own email list which facilitates communication between teammates (you must be currently racing for DBC to join). Also, check out the DBC Juniors Facebook page!
If you have any questions about the DBC Juniors, please contact Ross Kelly, Director.
Women’s Development Program
The Davis Bike Club Women’s Development Program is subgroup within the Davis Bike Club Race Team. The purpose is to grow a women’s cycling team that provides structure, support and mentorship to its riders. The goal for the program is to help its riders learn the sport of cycling, to compete in the NorCal region as a team and enjoy team camaraderie to promote and attract more women to the sport of cycling.
The Davis Bike Club Women’s Development Cycling Team mission is to grow a supportive and community-oriented women’s development team that encourages teamwork, mentorship and creates positive athlete images and role models through women’s cycling.
The Women’s Development Cycling Team goals for 2014
- Grow a women’s development program using the UC Davis women’s collegiate team and local interested female cyclists
- Target local and regional rides and races of all types: road races, criteriums, time trials, stage races and community rides
- Assist and create advocacy programs in the Davis Bike Club community events such as the Dunlap Memorial TT, Fourth of July Criterium, Davis Double, and the Foxy’s Fall Century.
- Teach the women’s development team the importance of creating a fan base through community awareness, media opportunities and local events to support women’s cycling.
Supporting the team’s goals
- Race a manageable schedule where the team can learn and thrive.
- Strive to have fun and always be a positive ambassador for the team and it’s sponsors.
- Assist with team clinics and rides to create a cohesive team.
- Assist the women’s development program by bringing interested partners to the program. This team has the potential to be come a strong feeder development team to women’s pro ranks.
- Encourage and assist women’s team members on group rides, team camps and events.
Interested? Please contact DBC Race Team membership coordinator.
Current racers communicate via the Women’s email list (you must be racing for DBC).
The Davis Bike Club Masters Race team’s motto is “We race for one, we race for all, we race for the team! Learn more about the DBC Masters on the DBC Masters Blog!
DBC Masters have there own email list. More info here.
Mountain and Cyclocross Programs
MTB race calendar
To stay up to date with the DBC mountain bike and/or cyclocross programs, you may request a subscription to the MTB email list or cyclocross email list (you must currently by racing for DBC to join).