Another long-standing Davis tradition. For many years, this ride was known as the Wheelworks Ride, because it left from the Wheelworks bike shop. But starting in 2016, the group now leaves from the east side parking lot of Ken’s Bike, Ski, and Board. For more information, subscribe to the “community” email list or check “Davis Area Group Rides” on Facebook.
Every Saturday, departing at 8:00 am.
Meet at Ken’s Bike-Ski-Board, 650 G Street, Davis, CA 95616, downtown Davis.
Warm-up part of the ride is in groups of eight riders riding two abreast. This is the social part of the ride when we get to know each other. The warm-up pace is 18 mph or less for about 8 miles. Then a series of three sprints over the next 30 miles. After each sprint there is a cool-down section where all riders can regroup. All riders are welcome, but when the sprint sections start, you must be comfortable with high-speed pack riding or content to ride “off-the-back”.
- NO CROSSING THE CENTER LINE!
- Rides will neutralize in traffic situations
- Ride leaders support “Share The Road.” Riders will yield to cars and politely wave them by when safe to pass our groups rides.
- No tri-(aero) handlebars allowed.
- No aggressive or squirrely bike handling allowed.
For more information, contact Alan Rowland.