Another long-standing Davis tradition. For many years, this ride was known as the Wheelworks Ride, because it left from the Wheelworks bike shop; today it starts (and roughly finishes) at Mondavi Arts Center. For more information, subscribe to the “community” email list or check “Davis Area Group Rides” on Facebook.
Every Saturday, departing at 8:00 am. (around June 1 – September 30) or 8:30 (rest of the year).
Mondavi Arts Center at One Shields Avenue in Davis
The ride covers a route of approximately 60 miles, the classic “Cantelow Loop.” The first few miles are warmup, but the pace ramps up on Sievers Road, topping out at the first sprint. Sprints/KOMs are at the overpass at the end of Wolfskill, the Cantelow “summit,” the end of Putah Creek Road on the way back, and just before the overpass on Old Davis Road (the “finish line”). Coffee afterwards!
Note: on the last Saturday of every month, after proceeding along the typical route to Winters, the ride takes the “counterclockwise” route around the Cantelow loop (i.e., along Pleasants Valley first and then up the west side of Cantelow).
- NO CROSSING THE CENTER LINE!
- Rides will neutralize in traffic situations
- Ride leaders support “Share The Road.” Riders will yield to cars and politely wave them by when safe to pass our groups rides.
- No tri-(aero) handlebars allowed.
- No aggressive or squirrely bike handling allowed.
- Be nice and say hi to anyone who looks new.
For more information, contact Mike Fee.