You are hereLocal Rides
There are several regular, race-paced group rides available to Davis-area cyclists. The rides are open to anyone. Though previous racing experience is not a prerequisite, please make sure you meet these basic requirements:
- If you are relatively new to racing or want to become proficient at pack-riding skills, the Tuesday/Thursday "B" Race & Skills Ride is a great place to start. These rides are a good way to "get up to speed" before attempting the regular Race Rides. More information and requirements can be found here.
- The Putah Creek Time Trial is another good way to get up to speed if you are new to racing. In time trialing, you race by yourself against the clock.
- Other race rides (Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday) feature fast-paced pack riding with sets of intermediate sprints. You should be completely comfortable riding in a pack before attempting these rides and able to manage mechanical problems and be familiar with return routes if you are "dropped." Please make sure your bicycle is in good working condition. Bring all necessary food and hydration provisions.
Current Davis area rides:
- Tuesday/Thursday Race Rides
- Tuesday/Thursday "B" Race & Skills Ride
- Putah Creek Time Trial
- Saturday Race Ride (AKA Wheelworks Ride)
Check here for general (non-race oriented) Davis Bike Club rides.