You are hereJoin the Team
Join the Team
The Davis Bike Club Race Team offers involvement in a complete program that promotes cycling within a broad range of racing ages and disciplines. As our mission statement describes, the DBC Race Team emphasizes community involvement, junior cycling development and healthy lifestyles. Membership in the DBC Race Team has a number of benefits:
- DBC emphasizes team work
- Be part of a team that promotes all elements of racing
- Get reimbursed for some of your racing expenses
- Discounts from sponsors
There are a few requirements to join the Team:
- You must be a member of the the Davis Bike Club ($20). Instructions for joining DBC.
- You must also join the Race Team (an additional $30). The Race Team fee is waived for UCD Aggies and Juniors (18 and under).
- Purchase a USA Cycling license (affiliation must be "Davis Bike Club Race Team").
- Read and understand the Expectations for racers.
- Read and sign the Code of Conduct.
- Purchase a uniform (you must race in current year's kit).
- Provide eight hours of volunteer service to DBC per year.
There are several regular rides in the Davis area which are frequented by DBC members or sponsored by the team. This is a great way to meet DBC members and see what the team is about. Also, feel free to drop by a team meeting. The meetings often feature informative presentations by coaches, nutritionists, equipment vendors, and others.
If you have any questions, please contact the DBC Race Team's membership director.